CHILD & ADOLESCENT DAY
REFER SOMEONE TO THIS PROGRAM
Or call our helpful intake staff to discuss whether this program is a fit for you or someone you know: 262-293-9747
Evidence-based treatment, unconditional love.
STRONG is Milwaukee’s only day treatment program for children with significant behavioral and mental health issues.
STRONG provides intensive mental health services to children ages 4-15 in the safe and structured setting of The STRONG MILWAUKEE Center.
Behavioral issues at home or in school often have an underlying cause, such as trauma, depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions. The experienced staff at STRONG meets each child with unconditional love, builds trust, and applies evidence-based treatment that approaches the root cause of the behavior.
The STRONG team also communicates each child’s progress and needs to parents and guardians, teachers, and anyone who plays a role in the child’s continued healing outside of STRONG. The goal is improved behavior, as well as long-term healing.
What issues does day treatment address?
- Difficulty because of stressful events such as gun violence, domestic violence, physical or sexual abuse, personal injury, or death of a loved one
- Risk of academic suspensions or expulsions
- Defiance, rage, outbursts, threats, or aggression
- School truancy and behavioral issues in school
- Hyperactivity, impulsive behavior, or difficulty paying attention
About the STRONG program:
- Trauma-informed and culturally-sensitive therapy
- 3 hours per day of group therapy, plus individual and family therapy
- Morning and afternoon groups that run Monday through Friday
- Duration is based upon treatment plan, but is typically about 5 months
- Day treatment is 5 days per week
- Available year-round
Current program days and times:
STRONG-Milwaukee location meets Monday-Friday, 8-11 am or 12-3 pm
What is the cost of day treatment?
We accept most major insurance plans, and many insurance networks cover the cost of day treatment.
STRONG is an NHSC-approved site. No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay, and there is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available based on family size and income.
How to refer:
- Children can be referred by their parents, school, or outpatient providers.
- Call 262-293-9747 to speak to a staff member. They will ask more about the child and schedule a diagnostic assessment with the STRONG program psychologist to determine if a day treatment program is the best fit for the child.
- Prior to a child beginning the program, a parent or legal guardian will need to meet with our staff to review program expectations. A separate meeting will also be scheduled to sign consents for treatment.
Before-and-after treatment data for the STRONG Child & Adolescent Day Treatment program indicates a “very large effect” on reducing mental health symptoms. “Effect size” measurements have become popular in outcomes research because they not only measure the amount of change; they tell us how much of an impact the treatment actually had. Any effect size larger than .80 is considered large. This outcome data from 2021 and the first 3 quarters of 2022 tells us that STRONG is producing very impressive and impactful treatment.
TOUR THE STRONG MILWAUKEE CENTER
Our experienced intake staff is ready to help you get started with STRONG.REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT REFER SOMEONE TO THIS PROGRAM CALL US