STRONG is a child and adolescent day treatment program that provides year-round intensive mental health services to children and adolescents (ages 5-14) in a safe and structured school setting.
STRONG stands for Successfully Treating and Reaching Our Next Generation. The STRONG program recognizes the unique value of each child and acknowledges that each child deserves a chance at a successful future. It is no secret that some children struggle with mental health or behavioral problems and need help in learning how to make positive changes.
The goal of the STRONG program is to partner with schools and families to provide these children with the best treatment available, allowing each child to reach his or her full potential. This is achieved by using empirically-validated treatment combined with the love and values of Christ. Including God’s love and grace into treatment allows us to reach children on all levels as we help them grow STRONGer—emotionally, behaviorally, and spiritually.
We promise to:
• Serve all patients
• Offer discounted fees for patients who qualify
• Not deny services based on a person’s race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or inability to pay
• Accept insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
STRONG day treatment is:
• Trauma-informed and culturally-sensitive therapy
• 3-4 hours per day of group therapy, plus individual and family therapy
• Morning and afternoon groups that run Monday through Friday
• 5 days a week for about 2 to 3 months
Day treatment can help with these problems:
• Difficulty because of stressful events such as gun violence, domestic violence, physical or sexual abuse, personal injury, or death of a loved one
• Risk of academic suspensions or expulsions
• Defiance, rage, outbursts, threats, or aggression
• Drug use, school truancy, or police contact
• Hyperactivity, impulsive behavior, or difficulty paying attention
After a child completes day treatment, the treatment team will work with parents to create an appropriate aftercare plan for their child. Children who complete the program will have the opportunity to participate in the STRONG aftercare group.
How can a child be referred?
• Children can be referred by their parents, school, or outpatient providers.
• Call 262.293.9747 to speak to a staff member. They will ask more about the child and schedule a diagnostic assessment with the STRONG program psychologist to determine if day treatment is the best fit for the child.
• Prior to a child beginning the program, a parent or legal guardian will need to meet with our staff to review program expectations. A separate meeting will also be scheduled to sign consents for treatment.
What is the cost of day treatment?
We accept most major insurance plans, and many insurance networks cover the cost of day treatment.
How will a child get to day treatment?
Medicaid will pay for medical transportation to bring children to and from the STRONG program.
Each member of the STRONG team has a background in treating children and adolescents with challenging emotional and behavioral issues and brings unique experience to the group setting. Our team consists of Mental Health Technicians, Mental Health Professionals, Experiential Therapists, and Licensed Professional Counselors, under the clinical direction of a Licensed Psychologist.