Our client and employee health is of utmost importance, both physical and emotional. For this reason, we are offering several options for clients to continue care:
- Counseling sessions via secure video connection: While we see the value and importance of opening to face to face sessions, please know that our clinicians are trained to deliver excellent care through telehealth for those that wish to continue with this service. You may wish to continue your care via telehealth. If so, please note:
- During the pandemic, certain measures were put in place by federal and state governments and insurance plans to allow for expanded telehealth coverage. We recommend that you contact your insurance company to verify that coverage for the service will continue.
- In addition to video counseling, the option of in-person visits is now available. Some clinicians may vary on in-person availability. If you choose to visit in-person, please note the following:
- In-person scheduling options might be more limited due to our efforts to manage the number of people in our clinics and maintain a safe and healthy environment. If you wish to be seen sooner than the in-person schedule allows, telehealth may be a good option for you. We will walk you through your options and steps when you request an appointment either online or by phone.
- We are taking proper precautions to maintain social distancing. In accordance with the recent orders in Minnesota and Wisconsin, masks must be worn to enter our clinics. Clients should bring a mask with them to their appointment.
- Please arrive to your appointment approximately 5 minutes early and follow signs that will direct your movement to the front desk. Check in individually at the front desk and wait for your appointment as directed. You will be asked to sign our informed consent for in-person visits during the public health crisis, if you have not done so already.
- Please do not bring additional family members to your appointment, as this will limit space in our waiting areas. Parents accompanying minor clients, or those providing transportation for clients who cannot drive, will be able to wait in our waiting area.
- We will regularly clean and sanitize all of our spaces, following guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and local health departments.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness, please do not enter our clinics. The symptoms of COVID-19 will be posted in our clinics.
Thank you for trusting Christian Family Solutions with your mental health care needs. It is our privilege to be able to serve you or your loved ones now and in the future. If you have any questions, please call us at 800.438.1772.
Updates on our school-based counseling and STRONG Day Treatment Program
For high school and college students: During the summer months, students in the schools we serve can continue to access our counseling services via video.
- High school students or their parents may access video counseling services by contacting their school principal or advisor.
- College students may access video counseling services by contacting us at: 800.438.1772 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our school-based counseling programs in elementary schools: If students are in need of continuing services over the summer, video counseling may be an option. Please work with your school-based counselor to schedule appointments via secure video connection.
For our STRONG Day Treatment Program in Milwaukee, WI: STRONG has reopened in-person programming for adolescents ages 5-14. Treatment hours on site are Monday through Friday AM from 8-11 and PM from 12-3.
- We are using a mix of in-person and online treatment in order to minimize close contact, control our environment, and reduce risk for exposure to germs. The STRONG staff will contact each parent/guardian to review scheduling options and create each child’s schedule.
- In the event that a child cannot be seen in person for illness or any other reason, he or she can continue to receive treatment online.
- Staff will continue to meet with children and family members for individual sessions through secure video. Staff will walk families through the telehealth process to make it easy to connect
- The STRONG team continues to perform all diagnostic assessments and admissions over the phone and online.
- Program leader: Dr. Ashley Schoof, Program Director, WI Child and Adolescent Services
- Questions about this program can be directed to Bre Gruenewald, Community Outreach Representative, at 262.415.7739
Adult Intensive Outpatient Programs and Day Treatment for Teens
We are accepting referrals into all of our programs, and some have immediate openings. TO REFER CLIENTS to any of these programs, please contact our intake department at 800.438.1772.
An update on The Gardens of Hartford assisted living facility
Since the onset of COVID-19, our greatest concern has been ensuring that residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment. Our staff, residents, and families have helped us maintain great standards, following measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building.
As of May 2021, nearly all of our residents have been fully vaccinated. Vaccines, along with updated information from health officials, are allowing us to make some updates to our COVID protocols.
- Masks are no longer required when you are in the facility. You may continue to wear one if you wish.
- The Dining Room is now open for lunch (noon) and dinner (5:00 pm). We enjoy seeing all of you!
- If you have been vaccinated, you may leave the facility and are not required to quarantine from group activities upon your return.
- All residents, please continue to wear a mask when you are out of our facility. We ask this because the CDC has not been definitive on COVID vaccine effectiveness, and you are in a high-risk category. Also, a mask helps protect you and fellow residents from other risks such as influenza or colds.
- Please let your caregiver know when you are leaving the facility.
- As always, please continue hand-washing and good hygiene.
- Let your caregivers know if you are feeling symptoms of any kind.
- Front doors will be unlocked between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm for visitors.
- All visitors should use the front door only.
- All visitors need to complete a screening form and must sign in and out every time.
- At this time, we are allowing only 2 visitors per resident/apartment at a time – remain in your apartment for each visit, unless you wish to visit outdoors. We encourage outdoor visits!
- Masks should be worn by visitors while in the hallways and common areas.
Questions or concerns should be directed to Kristy Wilson or Mary Hoof at The Gardens of Hartford at this number: 262.345.5590. For additional information, please visit the CDC’s coronavirus information page at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
Updates for our in-home care clients
Our ultimate goal is to ensure all of our in-home care clients are cared for in a safe and healthy manner within their environments. We have implemented measures recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help reduce the potential for the virus spreading or contact.
Please follow the recommended protocols to prevent the spread of any kind of illness. This includes:
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (This includes avoiding handshakes.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We ask that if any of our Home Care clients have symptoms, they should call our office to reschedule our Home Care visit (262.345.5568 or 262.293.9389). According to the CDC, symptoms include fever, coughing and shortness of breath. For reliable and up-to-date information, visit a trusted site such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at https://www.cdc.gov/.
If you feel you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call the office immediately to cancel your services and arrange an evaluation by your doctor.
We will deliver our Home Care services to the best of our ability and in a way that protects both our clients and our staff.