Mankato Dual Diagnosis Program
What Is Dual Diagnosis?
Those who struggle with substance abuse often have underlying mental health issues, which can be a barrier to relapse prevention and long-term recovery. Our comprehensive, integrated program combines the experience of professionals from both the mental health and substance abuse fields into a single treatment program and setting. Our counselors effectively treat both the addiction and any underlying mental health concerns.
What further sets our program apart is the inclusion of a faith-based model of recovery, which brings spirituality into the process, resulting in sustained treatment outcomes.
- Three-hour group sessions, held three days per week. Average group size is 6-8 members.
- Multiple counselors during a three-hour session bring their expertise to the group experience.
- Weekly individual therapy sessions for each group member.
- Group members will be assigned a chemical abuse counselor and a mental health counselor to receive a coordinated system of care.
- Supportive services for families, including monthly family group sessions.
- Aftercare services following completion of program.
Admission Into the Program
- Referrals can be made through primary mental health counselors, county or social workers, court hearings, or self-referral.
- For more information on the Intensive Outpatient Program or to schedule an assessment, contact us at 507.345.3812.
- Please click here to request an appointment online.
- Many insurance plans may cover intensive outpatient services. Call us at 507.345.3812 so we can review your insurance and payment options.
Each staff member has an extensive background in treating those with alcohol and drug addiction issues and brings unique experience to the group setting. Our staff members are Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Mental Health Clinicians, and Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors through the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health.
The Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program is licensed as a Rule 31 clinic by the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services and follows all statutes and guidelines established by the state.
Please click on the name of each staff member to view their biography:
- Dr. Joshua Mears, Licensed Psychologist
- Dr. Jennifer Londgren, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Angela Thomas, Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor
- Jessica Smith, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
The VINE Building
421 East Hickory Street
Mankato, MN 56001