Brookfield Teen Mindfulness Program (GROWTH)
What Is a Mindfulness-Based Intensive Outpatient Program?
The GROWTH for Teens Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) from Christian Family Solutions provides focused, time-limited, group-based treatment for a variety of mental health issues for teens and their families. Our program is designed for teens seeking clinically proven and effective skills and resources to more successfully manage their depression, anxiety, trauma, or other serious mental health conditions.
Teens face increased pressure and challenges today, and this program provides struggling teens with the skills needed to cope effectively with their emotions, problem-solve, and make healthy decisions.
In addition to teens attending group sessions for about three hours per day, teens and their parents participate in a weekly family therapy session. This session creates improved communication and understanding between the teens and their parents.
Clients in our IOP will learn emotion- and behavior-regulation strategies, skills to build and strengthen relationships, and techniques for the management of psychologically distressing situations. Our program integrates evidence-based counseling techniques with a Christian perspective to support clients both emotionally and spiritually.
The program can serve as a step-down option for teens moving from an inpatient or partial hospitalization setting or to provide teens a higher level of care than what is available through traditional outpatient counseling.
- Three-hour group sessions, typically held three to four days per week. Average group size is 6-8 members.
- This group meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:00-5:00 pm. Since the schedule is subject to change, please call 800.438.1772 for current program days and times.
- Multiple counselors share their expertise during group sessions to provide counseling and education.
- A variety of treatment methods are used, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- Evidence-based counseling techniques are integrated with a Christian perspective to support clients both emotionally and spiritually.
- Case management services are provided, including discharge planning.
- Psychiatry services are available for those who would benefit from medication management.
- A 24-hour crisis line is available.
Admission Into the Program
- For more information on the Intensive Outpatient Program or to schedule a diagnostic assessment, contact us at 800.438.1772.
- Please click here to request an appointment online.
- Many insurance plans may cover intensive outpatient services. Call us at 800.438.1772 so we can review your insurance and payment options.
Each staff member at Christian Family Solutions has an extensive background in treating those with depression and anxiety issues and brings unique experience to the group setting.
Please click on the name of each staff member to view their biography:
- Dr. Brandon Hayes, Licensed Psychologist
- Elizabeth Robinson, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Angela Ertl, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
16535 W. Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53005